The leading causes of blindness among adults in the Philippines is cataracts, accounting for around 400,000 cases?
About 80% of blindness is avoidable through prevention of treatment?
Eye Care & Sight Saving Tips
- Have your eyes checked annually.
- Protect your eyes from the sun by wearing UV-absorbent sunglasses.
- Wear proper protective eye gear while or working.
- Never rub your eyes or touch them with dirty hands or materials.
- Be aware of changes in your vision or eye problem and have eyes examined at the first sign of vision or eye problems.
- Sleep good on a regular basis to provide the eyes enough rest.
- Take time to relax your eyes.
Maintain a balanced diet with fish and vegetables rich in Vitamin A such as liver, milk, carrots, mangoes, spinach, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, papaya, egg yolk and mozzarella cheese.