Strawberry Heart Pancakes
They’re a popular saying that goes: “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach,” which generally means that cooking a great meal is one of the best ways to win a man’s affection. This doesn’t apply to just men. A guy who can whip up a special dish is equally (if not more) impressive to a gal.
So why not do things differently this month. In case you don’t feel the urge (or pressure) to head to an overpriced fine-dining restaurant along with just about everyone else, here are some simple recipes you can make extra-hearty this heart month.
Delicious Strawberry Heart Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine powder, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Beat egg white until fluffy
- Add milk and melted margarine
- Add dry ingredients and mix well
- Heat a heavy griddle or frying pan, grease with a little butter on a paper towel
- Pour a small amount of batter (approx 1/4 cup) into pan and tip horizontally at angles to cover the base of the pan or spread with spoon. Shape into a heart (if you don’t have mold, you can just cut the pancake into a heart shape after cooking)
- When bubbles appear on surface and begin to pop, turn over and cook the other side.
- Add pancake syrup and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries
Enjoy eating your Strawberry Heart Pancakes.