How to make binangkal? I love to eat binangkal. Have you ever tried to eat binangkal? Binangkal is fried bread with sesame seeds as coating. The sesame seeds is what makes this bread delicious. This kind of bread or cookies is very common in Cebu Philippines. There are many homemade binangkal found in different sari-sari stores. Would you like to cook this by yourself? Here is the simple binangkal recipe you can follow:
- 500 grams all purpose flour
- 200 grams white sugar (optional brown sugar)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 150 ml evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence or vanilla extract
- cooking oil for deep frying
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Mix well.
- In a different bowl, combine oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry mixture and the liquid mixture together.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Using two tablespoons, make a round ball and roll it in a sessame seeds.
- Then, using the palm of your hands roll it again.
- Heat the oil in a medium heat.
- Deep fry the formed batter balls.
- Drain excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy.
Check the video below:
I hope you can follow this binangkal recipe and enjoy eating binangkal.