Article Ticker

Abu Sayyaf group beheads another kidnap victim

‘Destroy the enemies of the state’ Ang mga Abu Sayaff, destroy them. Period,” Duterte said.

President Rodrigo DutertePresident Rodrigo Duterte has order the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) to go after the Abu Sayyaf group after learning that an 18 year-old kidnap victim was beheaded on Wednesday.

Duterte was informed of the killing of Patrick Almodovar during an early morning press conference in Davao City.

“Yung bata? That’s why i’m sending the troops there and tell them to destroy,” he said.

“My orders to the police and to the armed forces, against all enemies of the state, seek them out and destroy them. Ang mga droga, destroy them. Ang mga Abu Sayaff, destroy them. Period,” he added.

The president lamented that the bandit group has beheaded a third kidnap victim. Earlier this year, the group beheaded two Canadians, John Risdell and Robert Hall.

The Abu Sayyaf kidnapped the two Canadians, Norwegian Kjartan Sekkingstad and Filipina Marites Flor from a high end resort on Samal Island in Davao del Norte in September last year.

Flor was released to the military last June.

As to the Norwegian captive, Duterte said during the press conference that a payment has been made.

“Is this the Norwegian? If that’s the one, then I will accuse the ASG of utter bad faith, binayaran na sila,” he said.

It was unclear, however, as to the actual amount, who made the payment, and if it was for the release of the hostage.

To the Abu Sayyaf group, Duterte expressed his dismay on the beheading.

“Diyan ako nawalan ako ng bilib sa inyo. I have this little connection by blood with you but you know, nawalan talaga ako ng bilib sa inyo. Although hindi ako Tausug, more on the Maranao side. Hindi ako bilib sa inyo,” he said.

Source: —GMA News

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*