This content talk about the most effective known home remedies for mouth ulcers.
Mouth ulcers are open sores within the mouth area. These sores generally occur within the tongue, inside of the lips and cheeks, gums, and palate. The two forms of mouth ulcers are canker sores, also referred to as aphthous ulcers, and cold sores (due to the herpes simplex virus). Mouth ulcers may develop due to a number of causes.
Popular factors that cause mouth ulcers consist of:
- Nutritional deficiencies such as iron, vitamins, especially B12 and C
- Poor oral hygiene
- Biting the cheek
- Food allergies
- Hormonal imbalance
- Skin disease
- Bowel disease
Most effective known home remedies for mouth ulcers:
1. Coconut Milk: Fresh coconut milk is one of the effective home remedies for mouth ulcers.
How to use it? Gargle with coconut milk 3 to 4 times a day. You can also mix some coconut milk with honey, and apply this mixture into the mouth ulcers. That’s it!
2. Basil leaves are also very useful. Basil leaves help fight and protect against mouth ulcers. How to use it? You can boil a few basil leaves in a mixture of a glass of water then after it cool, put it in a glass and gargle using this water. You may also chew on basil leaves to relieve sores. Applying a paste made out of basil leaves on the sore area is also very effective.
3. Onion: Onion contains a natural ingredient known as sulfur which is very effective to cure mouth ulcers. How can I use onion? Very simple! Eat raw salad with lot of onions.
4. Peppermint Oil: Application of peppermint oil also helps, as it is an anesthetic agent. Applying peppermint oil on the sores will give quick relief from irritation and pain associated with the mouth ulcers.
5. Honey and Turmeric: Honey has antimicrobial properties, which is significant to treat mouth ulcers. Turmeric is also a cooling agent and helps to relieve mouth ulcers. Just take about 1 teaspoon of honey and put about a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. With this mixture, dab it over your sore.
6. Guava Leaves: How I use guava leaves to cure my mouth ulcers? Very simple as well. Prepare a decoction of guava leaves and gargle with this 3-4 times a day to cure your mouth ulcers.
7. Coriander Seeds: Gargling with a decoction of coriander seeds is another one of the most popular natural home remedies for mouth ulcers. Prepare a coriander decoction by boiling 1 teaspoon coriander seeds in 1 cup of water. Filter and use it as a gargle when it is lukewarm.
8. Sesame Oil: You can also try gargling with sesame oil every 2hrs until the burning sensation stops. This oil is a good mouth wash to cure mouth ulcers.
9. Cranberry Juice: Holding cranberry juice in your mouth over an ulcer eases the pain of the sore and promotes healing.
10. Banana: How to use a banana to cure my mouth ulcers? Very simple! Eating a ripe banana mixed with curd is a good home remedy to cure mouth ulcers.
Follow one of these effective home remedies for mouth ulcers to cure your mouth ulcers naturally.
Article source: http://knoji.com/